On request

For the first time, I have a request on what to blog on today's post. My first requester is Darcie; please visit http://ask.fm/ItsDarcie14 if you ever want to talk and get to know her -she has many fans and would like any one else to feel free and speak to her. She is such a friendly girl and I get along with her a lot. She is a great girl! 


On request, today's post will be about what music I like. Now this is a challenging question because I like all sorts of music; I do have my favourites and I do have my all time hate genres. 

Time to be geeky; i have done my homework and found all the genres in music which I am now going to share with you. then I will tell you my favourites, hates, and the artists I listen too. i hope this educates you as much as it educated me.

Genres

African: Afrobeat, bengo, bongo flava, fuji, hip life, sakara, semba, taarab, zouglou.
Avan - Garde: experimental, noise, lo-fi, musique concrete, electroacoustic
Blues: african, british, contemporary, R&B, soul, texas
Caribbean: mambo, punta, reggae music, salsa
Brazilian: samba, samba rock, tropicalia 
Comedy: comedy music, comedy rock, parody music
Country: blues, rap, country, country rock, soul, christian country, lubbock sound, pop, western swing
East Asian: Cantopop, C-pop, Hong Kong English pop, J-pop, K-pop, Korean pop, Mando pop, Onkyokei, Taiwanese pop
Southern and Southeast Asian: Baila, bhangra, dangdut, filmi, indian pop, lavani, luk thung, morlam, pop sunda, thai pop, ragin
Easy Listening: background, beautiful, elevator, furniture, lounge, middle of the road, and new age music
Electonic:
Ambient: techno, house, dark, drone, dub
Electronicure: Illbient, isolationism, lowercase
Asian: underground
Breakbeat: Acid break, big beat, broken beat, florida breaks, 4-beat
Chiptune: bitpop, game boy, nintendocore, video game
Disco: cosmic, disco polo, europop, space disco, italo disco
Downtempo: Acid jazz, chill out, dub music, dubtronica, ethnic electronica, new age music, nu jazz, trip hop
Drum bass: Dark core, darkstep, drumfunk, drumstep, jump-up, old school jungle, ragga core, sambass
Electro: Crunk, electro backbeat, electro-grime, electro pop
Electroacoustic: acousmatic, computer, field recording, live coding, soundscape composition, tape music
Electronica: berlin school, chill wave, IDM, glitch, freestyle, skweee, sound art
Electronic rock: baggy, madchester, dance-punk, dance-rock, dark wave, electropunk, new rave, trip rock
Eurodance: bubblegum, italo, turbo folk
Hardcore/Hard dance: bouncy house, bouncy techno, break core, dark core, digital hardcore, doom core, dubstyle, happy hardcore, jump style, makina, UK hardcore
Hi-NRG: eurobeat, hard NRG, new beat
House: acid, chicago, deep, diva, dutch, electro, french, freestyle, funky, ghetto, hardbag, hip, italo, latin, minimal, microhouse, progressive, rave music, swing, tech, tribal, uk hard, us garage, vocal
Industrial: aggrotech, coldwave, cybergrind, dark electro, industrial metal, noisee
Post Disco: boogie, dance-pop
Progressive: breaks, drum and bass, house/trance, disco house, space house
Techno: acid, detroit, free tekno, ghetto tech, minimal, nortec, rotterdam techno, schranz, symphonic
Trance: acid, classic, dream, goa, dark psytrance, full on, psyprog, psybreaks, suomisuad, hard trance, tech dance
UK Garage: 2-step, 4x4, bassline, breakstep, dubstep, trap, funky, grime, speed
Modern folk: contemporary, indie, neofolk, progressive, anti-folk, filk, american, british, folk revival, industrial, techno-folk, psychedelic, sung poetry
Hip Hop: old school, new school, olden age, alternative, avant-garde, chaphop, crunk, freestyle, gangsta rap, ghetto house, grime, hardcore, horrorcore, jazz rap, rap rock, urban
Jazz: acid, bebop, boogie-woogie, freefunk, free jazz, jazz blues, neo-swing, orchestral jazz, punk jazz, swing, vocal jazz
Pop: arab, bubblegum, classical crossover, disco, electropop, iranian, jangle, motorpop, pop rap, soft rock, surf pop, teen pop, wonky pop
R&B: contemporary, deep funk, disco, go-go, soul, hip hop soul, northern soul
Rock: alternative, dream pop, indie pop, indie rock, heavy, doom, death, new wave, acid, punk rock, art punk, death rock, anarcho, christian punk, garage punk, grindcore, horror punk, pop punk, post-punk, rap rock, no wave, rapcore, sufi rock, visual kei
Ska: 2 tone, dance hall, dub, lovers roock, ragga, reggae, rock steady, ragga jungle

As you can see, there is a LOT of genres there, and to be honest, that isn't all of them. There are soo many that I couldn't even be bothered typing them; most of the genres I have never even heard of! I never realised there were so many whhhaaa! This is educating me, I hope it has educated you as well.

(I used wikipedia to find all the genres.)

Okay, back to business. Though i have never heard of most of these genres, including the ones I haven't typed out, I do have some favourites, some that I can listen to, and some that I will turn off straight away because I hate them that much.

Favourite: soft rock, some trance
Can listen to: Reggae, Country, soul blues, easy listening, drum and bass, jazz blues, some R&B,
Absolutely hate: Heavy rock, allll rock basically (except soft), dubstep, grime.

80's soft rock is my all time favourite and I listen to it whenever I go on seriously long journey's. Have you seen the film 'Rock of Ages' with Tom Cruise? Well every single track that is in that is what I love. It always puts me in a good mood wherever and whenever I put the music on.

Clubland/trance is what I can listen to when I go to parties or whenever I am in a party mood. What is a party without club music eh? This includes: Avicci, Chase and Status, and Calvin Harris.

Reggae is what I can listen to just for fun. Bob Marley is a favourite for Reggae music; he is so laid back and chilled that his songs just make everyone else laid back and chilled. Seriously, go listen to some of his tracks.

Heavy metal/rock is what I can NOT stand. OMG if you put this on, I will go crazy and turn it off. Why would anyone want to listen to that crap? It is just people screaming down a microphone and going crazy on instruments; there is no temp, just plain and utter bollocks. NEVER put this on in my company - i will break whatever device it is playing on.

Here are some of the Artists that I listen too:
  • 2 chainz
  • Adele
  • Aerosmith
  • B.O.B
  • Bastille
  • Coldplay
  • Daniel Bedingfield
  • Daniel Powter
  • Daughtry
  • David Guetta
  • Disclosure
  • Ellie Goulding
  • Eminem
  • Fun.
  • Gabrielle Aplin
  • Imagine Dragons
  • Jason Derulo
  • Katy Perry
  • Keane
  • Lana Del Rey
  • Macklemore
  • Maroon 5
  • Miley Cyrus
  • Natasha Bedingfield
  • Naughty Boy
  • Nickleback
  • Olly Murrs
  • One Republic
  • P!nk
  • Passenger
  • Pixie Lott
  • Robbie Williams
  • Sean Paul
  • Selena Gomez
  • Snow Patrol
  • The Fray
  • The Veronicas
  • Wiz Khalifa
The Artists in bold are my all time favourites and the ones that I have the most songs by. I love these are artists; on my phone, I have an album called 'Favourites' and all of the bold artists are on it. In my 'All' album, the rest of my favourite artists are in it. Whenever i go to the gym, my favourite album is always played. 

Please exclude the Snow Patrol from the above paragraph because there is only one song that I love and it has so much meaning too it. Get your sick buckets at the ready. The reason it is in bold is because one of their songs is Daniel and I's 'Song.' It is 'our song' because of one memory we have together and the song was playing in the background as it happened. (No it was not during sexual activities so get that out of your mind you filthy minded people!) So the song is Snow Patrol - Chasing Cars. It is such an amazing, heart-melting song and having it as 'our song' is amazing.

So there you have it - request complete.

Thank you for your request Darcie!

if anyone else has any requests, please email me at lnohara95.loh@gmail.com

See you later
~xoxo~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Every comment is much appreciated and I am grateful that you had taken the time to leave your thoughts. Comments with questions and NEED to replied to will be replied to within 24hrs. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
✿ Facebook // 87
❀ Instagram // 450
✿ Twitter // 3493

Follow



2017 Copyright of ❀ Lauren O'Hara (c) ✿
All Rights Reserved!
Custom Branding & Design By
Krystal Marie Design Studio