Who's this new someone?

Have you ever let yourself open up to a complete and utter new person in your life but you just know you can trust them to keep what troubles, feelings, thoughts and problems in your life secret?
I have.
It wasn't that long after coming back from Spain that I felt the need to fully open up to a friend from work.
Oh god, this is going to turn into one of those cringey-pass-me-the-bucket kind of posts. I do apologies in advance.
Let me start from the beginning.
There was this guy at work that kept looking at me in a cute kind of way, like he was shy but I knew he wanted to introduce himself to me yet something was stopping him. Was it me? Who is this guy? He's cute...
Not long starting at my new job I just saw this guy around and never really gave him a second thought, but when we locked eye contact I knew I wanted to get to know him. He was an older guy to what I would normally date but he looked around his late twenties so it wasn't too bad, age is just a number after all, unless there is more than 20 years between a man and woman - no judgement.
We never spoke to one another for days, maybe weeks even, but one random night whilst I was at the bus stop after 10pm, the cute guy took a detour to the same bus stop as me. He was 30 seconds into almost missing his bus, so me being me, I broke the ice and spoke to him for the first time just by simply saying: "good timing." Thank God one of us spoke.
After that, we started messaging each other, seeing each other more at work and making arrangements together to get to the bus stop. This happened before I went to Spain but AFTER I broke up with Daniel, just clarifying that for you. We even had our first kiss at the bus stop - how cute is that haha! Bless us.
I knew I liked this guy from the first moment I started talking to him - we have so much in common it's like he is the male version of me. Sad thing was at the time, was that he wasn't actually in his late twenties, he is in fact thirty-one. It didn't bother me, but it bothered my parents and I don't blame them, but the good thing is that he isn't old enough to be my dad, after all there is only twelve years difference between us.
Though thinking that I liked this guy, I knew I was still going on holiday with my ex-fiancé so thinking anything could happen between this new guy and me was crazy. I hadn't split up with my ex for long so dating again was way too soon. As you know, I went on holiday with my ex. (Go to Archives and go on the blog post before to see what happened.)
I did miss out on some drama that went on on holiday but I am going to keep that to myself because it involves the new guy, his ex, my ex and myself. In the end though, things went back to normal but both ex's are complete whack jobs!
I started dating the new guy. My parents weren't too thrilled about it and I was told to stay away. However, whoever knows me well will know that I always do the opposite of what I am told, and I always will. I kept on seeing him and it was the best decision I ever made - my parents ended up liking him and to this day they all get along. He even goes to the pub sometimes with my Step-Dad. At least this guy actually makes time to spend with my family unlike my nob head of an ex.
My little sister, Caitlin, loves him. And to my surprise, Hayley my twin,likes him too and everyone knows that if Hayley doesn't like someone, then it won't work between me and the new guy. Sooooo relieved she likes him!
As from then, me and the guy started going on proper dates, we even brought Hayley out with us so we could spend some time together and the guy could get to know my family more. The new guy has even met my Grandparents and my Dad and they all like him too!
Why do you keep calling him 'the guy?'
Well I want to keep his name and face private for a little while until I feel fully comfortable for the world to know who he is. I do have permission off him to show pictures and his name to you all though so don't be upset - good things come with time, my beauts.

Do you ever have that feeling that you have known a person for years when it is in fact only a month?

I have.

Once I got to know the guy a bit more and felt like I could trust him, so one night when I was feeling a little depressed and upset, I fully opened up to him because I needed someone to talk to about things my parents don't even know. It is good to have a good cry. I remember something he once said to me when I was upset and it will stick with me for a long long time: "tears are droplets of weakness leaving the body, they only make us stronger." Words of true wisdom right?

He always knows what to say and how to cheer me up.

He genuinely makes me seriously happy and he appreciates me. I don't believe any compliments from him though because, well, I never got any with my ex and was made to feel small so any compliment I hear now I just think is utter bullshit. Though this guy knows how to treat women with respect and is a true gentlemen so I am slowly starting to believe him.

For weeks I have spent a lot of time with the new guy; we travel to and from each other's places because he lives an hour away from me so it's good how he can stay here, and me, there. We both work at the same place so we see each other every so often there which is better than nothing, right?

I knew I would fall for this guy the moment we properly started talking and seeing each other.

I didn't want to... but I did. I don't regret anything.



I really like this guy.



I am so glad I met someone new.



Much love,

Lauren Nicole O'Hara

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Every comment is much appreciated and I am grateful that you had taken the time to leave your thoughts. Comments with questions and NEED to replied to will be replied to within 24hrs. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
✿ Facebook // 87
❀ Instagram // 450
✿ Twitter // 3493

Follow



2017 Copyright of ❀ Lauren O'Hara (c) ✿
All Rights Reserved!
Custom Branding & Design By
Krystal Marie Design Studio