Guest Blog | Cristina Nika Kask

Today we are going to take things a little differently on the blog. A talented blogger from Sydney emailed me asking if she could Guest Blog - of course I was going to agree. She blogs in a similar style to me and I couldn't be happier to let her have free reign of today's post. 

Please enjoy this post as much as I had fun reading it!



Dress-A-Little, Play-A-Little



In my opinion, there are only three ways for me to have some really good time with my girlfriends when getting ready got the night out:gossiping (wine included), dressing up and drinking games. Luckily for me, still single and trying to stay that way with the occasional relapse into a relationship, my friends are mostly getting hitched and they invite me to their hen's parties. And, believe me, those things combine all of it: gossiping, drinking and dressing up.

The What?

How many times have you asked yourself What to wear? It seems like, no matter how many times I got to those parties, it never gets easier to choose that I'll wear. I swear, costume parties seem like a true relief now, as I don't have to think too much about it and you can never show up overdressed. On the other hand, I don't want to miss out  on a chance to look my best. In words of Samantha Jones, when I choose my dress for the night out, "Hi, I need something that will make the guy c*m in his pants as soon as he sees me." But what if I show up wearing that, and everybody else is in their jeans and flats? I don't want to be that girl! I hate those girls. Except guys. Which is generally a good thing. Well, you understand.

Here is my secret recipe when I go to the party with girls that I don't really know. I get a little black dress and I wear my flats. The LBD is probably the most versatile thing you can have in your closet. However, I use my bag and put my ridiculously sexy pumps in there, some statement jewelry and makeup there. So, when I get there, if I stay in my flats and with toned down makeup, I'll fit in if nobody else got dressed up. On the other hand, I am only 15 minutes away from looking like a diva. Dark eye shadow, something sparkling and voila! I'm ready to rock! And girl - you can NEVER EVER wear too much glitter when you are all in black. Black and tight! 

The How?

The question is How to party? What would a girls' night out be without any games? If you ask me, I love playing drinking games. Obviously, this happens when we really don't have a lot of time and want to get in the mood fast. On the other hand, dare cards for the hens night we sometimes rock, always work best if you want to get in the mood or naughty. No better way to hook up with a guy than on a dare! Once all the girls are ready, relaxed, laughing their fake eyelashes off and not caring - it is time to hit the clubs.

So once you are ready, dressed up and in the mood, call the cab to the club and in the words of great and amazing Patsy Stone_ "Darling, you are a fabulous, wonderful individual."

Nika's Bio:
"Cristina Nika Kask is an aspiring fashion blogger from Sydney. Likes to get lost in the world of fashion, healthy lifestyle and doesn't know when to stop shopping. She buys shoes. Lots of them. Her favorite TV show is Fashion Police and she was deeply affected by the death of Joan Rivers."









Much love,




2 comments:

  1. Hi Lauen:
    Read your article and I think it was refreshing. I too am a single older woman (56 years old) with a passion for music, movies, and religion. I have been blogging since 2010, but I had some personal issues that cause me not to blog for awhile. So thank you for this article from a younger person. Happy blogging!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome Linda. Thank you for the kind words, but I can't take full credit - this is Nika's post she did on behalf of my blog. Thank you anyway and I hope you support my blog and are a reader :)

      When you re-start blogging again, please don't hesitate to send me your link as I would love to read it.

      Much love.

      Lauren Nicole O'Hara

      Delete

Every comment is much appreciated and I am grateful that you had taken the time to leave your thoughts. Comments with questions and NEED to replied to will be replied to within 24hrs. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
✿ Facebook // 87
❀ Instagram // 450
✿ Twitter // 3493

Follow



2017 Copyright of ❀ Lauren O'Hara (c) ✿
All Rights Reserved!
Custom Branding & Design By
Krystal Marie Design Studio