Blogmas #3 | Don't wish your life away


No one knows what the future holds, but as a child you believe you can be anything; astronaut, fire-fighter, a princess, or even a spring chicken. However, you are never warned that in reality, the world can be a shitty place to live in, especially if you were not born with wealthy parents that hand you everything in life on a plate.

Being a child, you explore different foundations and platforms of what is out there and your mind is filled with creative and adventurous goings on. The world is at your finger tips and you could imagine the world being a pretty amazing place. Remember when you wished to be an adult because adults could do whatever they wanted with no rules? Yeah, I wish I could go back to that time too because being an adult sucks - big time.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't wish for my pregnancy to go. This is what I have wanted for a very long time, and I am grateful for what I have; a healthy baby growing so soundly inside me. That's the thing about babies and small children, the only thing you have to worry about is what you are going to eat next, or what entertainment will keep you occupied for hours on end.

You never had to worry about Grades, Jobs, Houses, Rent, and other Bills. Screw this world - it's going downhill. War and crime sickens me. Everywhere we go, we see people wishing for "world peace" but no one acts on it. The government is screwing us over and countries are fighting each other. This world will never have peace and it's frightening.

Have you ever just wanted to turn back time to where you were a carefree child roaming the school yard hoping that the next game of Tig wasn't going to suck as much as the last because you were too slow to tag your friends? I'd love to go back to the time where all I worried about was colouring in and playing with toys and who's toy I was going to get next. Life goes so quickly.

Remember when your parent's told you that you shouldn't wish for your life to go quicker because it will be over before you know it and to enjoy the time you have as a child now? I wished for it. I wished that I was an adult and old enough to go out drinking with my friend. Oh I wish I didn't want to grow up so quickly.

At 20 years old, I realised how much time has gone by and how much I miss High School. Telling my little sister to just ignore all the hate and bullies, to just enjoy herself whilst she can, seems to go through one ear and out the other. Parent's know best - I should have listened.

You really shouldn't wish for time to go quicker, as you will be old a frail before you know it. Do what you have planned; go travelling, build up your own business, sail the seven seas, ride a motorbike, go crazy! You only get one life, live it to the full.

My baby is my life. I wouldn't change him/her for the world. 
I hope he/she listens to me and takes my life advice seriously, but kids never do! Life is precious. Don't waste it.





Much love,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Every comment is much appreciated and I am grateful that you had taken the time to leave your thoughts. Comments with questions and NEED to replied to will be replied to within 24hrs. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
✿ Facebook // 87
❀ Instagram // 450
✿ Twitter // 3493

Follow



2017 Copyright of ❀ Lauren O'Hara (c) ✿
All Rights Reserved!
Custom Branding & Design By
Krystal Marie Design Studio